U.S. Federal Policy Researcher
Alongside other U.S. Federal Policy Researchers, you will report directly to U.S. Federal Policy Leads to contribute to the U.S. Federal Policy Team.
The Federal Policy Team's focus will be to influence United States' policy on the federal level through: (1) Directly advocating to legislators for legislation that aligns with DAY's values.
(2) Hosting, supporting, publicizing, or organizing protests and rallies that align with DAY values.
(3) Partnering with organizations, organizers, or groups with the interest of creating policy change.
(4) Hosting advocacy or community events that push towards legislative or social change.
(5) Testifying at legislative hearings for policy or change that align with DAY's values.
(6) Supporting and uplifting community voices in cities by providing opportunities for the public to create substantial legislative change.
(7) Publicly denouncing legislation or legislators that do not align with DAY’s values.
(8) Endorsing and further publicizing legislation or causes that align with DAY's values.
As a U.S. Federal Policy Researcher, you will be responsible for:
- Regularly researching policy on the federal level
- Creating one-pager summaries of legislation or court cases
- Advocating to legislators alongside Federal Policy Leads and Managers
- Assisting the Federal Policy Team with other relevant tasks
This position will require up to 3-4 hrs / week
Applications are due by
April 21, 2023
Qualities We Look For
Soft Skills: commitment to the cause, integrity/honesty, professional and proactive work ethic, creativity, healthy communication, and teamwork capabilities
Hard Skills: excellent written communication skills, understanding of U.S. policy, effective time management skills and the ability to multitask, attention to detail, knowledge of politics and U.S. government processes.