U.S. Federal Policy Associate
Alongside other Federal Policy Associates, you will report directly to Federal Policy Leads to contribute to the Federal Policy Team.
The Federal Policy Team's focus will be influencing United States' policy on the federal level through:
(1) Directly advocating to legislators for legislation DAY aligns with.
(2) Hosting, supporting, publicizing, or organizing protests / rallies that align with DAY values.
(3) Heavily prioritizing partnering with organizations, organizers, or groups with the interest of creating policy change.
(4) Host advocacy or community events that push towards legislative or social change that DAY aligns with.
(5) Testifying at legislative hearings for policy or change that DAY aligns with.
(6) Publicly denouncing legislation or legislators that do not align with DAY’s values.
(7) Supporting and uplifting community voices in cities by providing opportunities for the public to create substantial legislative change
(8) Endorsing and further publicizing legislation or causes that DAY aligns with.
As a Federal Policy Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out tasks to support Federal Policy team responsibilities
- Assist in legislative research and creating one-pager summaries
- Meeting with legislators to directly advocate for DAY's causes
- Assist in other relevant Federal Policy tasks
This position will require up to 3-4 hrs / week
Applications are due by
April 21, 2023
Qualities We Look For
Soft Skills: commitment to the cause, integrity/honesty, professional and proactive work ethic, creativity, healthy communication, and teamwork capabilities
Hard Skills: excellent written communication skills, understanding of U.S. policy, effective time management skills and the ability to multitask, attention to detail, knowledge of politics and U.S. government processes.